1) Suicide is the third leading cause of death among 15 to 24 year-olds.
2) Suicide is the second leading cause of death on college campuses.
3) More than one third of LGB youth report having made a suicide attempt.
4) Nearly half of transgender youth have thought seriously about suicide, and one quarter have attempted it.
5) Young gays are two to three times more likely than their straight peers to attempt suicide, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association.
6) The American Counseling Association reports that nearly a third drop out of school, largely because of harassment related to their sexual orientation.