Originally posted on SketchComicÂ by Secondlina who says:
"A comic about the different types of attraction one might feel. The descriptions were taken from a website about asexuality,Â I saw the link to that site Â floating around on tumblr and really wanted to add visuals to them.
I think people who are not asexual feel these regularly too. Thereâ€™s all kinds of attractions for all kinds of people. Enjoy."
God knows all about me.
Before you were formed in the body of your mother I had knowledge of you, and before your birth I made you holy.Â ~ Jeremiah 1:5a
God has a plan for my life.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Â ~ Jeremiah 29:11
1. All-or-nothing thinking - You see things in black-or-white categories. If a situation falls short of perfect, you see it as a total failure. When a young woman on a diet ate a spoonful of ice cream, she told herself, "I've blown my diet completely." This thought upset her so much that she gobbled down an entire quart of ice cream.
2. Overgeneralization - You see a single negative event, such as a romantic rejection or a career reversal, as a never-ending pattern of defeat by using words such as "always" or "never" when you think about it. A depressed salesman became terribly upset when he noticed bird dung on the window of his car. He told himself, "Just my luck! Birds are always crapping on my car!"
1. Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
2. Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
3. Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless.
4. Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.
5. Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over... until the moment you stop trying.
6. Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is the fragile thread that binds us to each other.
7. Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
8. Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love. The fastest way to lose love is to hold on too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
9. Don't dismiss your dreams. To be without dreams is to be without hope. To be without hope is to be without purpose.
10. Don't run through life so fast that you forget where you've been, but also know where you're going. Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored every step of the way.